Thursday, March 31, 2011

15 Minute Challenge, Day 23

Day 23: Pray
Life is hard sometimes. I know this from experience. However, there are points in which the beauty of life’s difficulties shines through to us. God has been moving in me in ways I cannot understand. He has shown me pain and hurt in people and not given me the permission to do anything about it. He has called me to pray. He has granted me the privilege of interceding on behalf of His daughters and sons, but He has told me to leave it at that.
As a person of action, this is a challenge. I am not content with just praying, I want to DO something, but I have not been given the authority to move. One thing I have realized is the power of prayer can be just as strong as taking action.  Eugene Peterson says in The Message (Romans 10) “it’s the word of Faith that welcomes God t go to work and set things right for us.” Do you realize how much power there is that? By the faith we have in Gods ability to heal and to lift people up, our prayers can be more than just words to God. Our prayers are a declaration of our faith in the Living God. Our prayers bring meaning to what was done on Calvary. Our prayers draw us closer to God when it is so easy to run away.
So, what’s on your heart? Do you even know? Sometimes I don’t, but I can rest in the knowledge that the Holy Spirit will guide me. I have faith in the fact that when I come before the Lord nothing else matters. I don’t have to have a plan or an agenda, but His Spirit will guide me.
Romans 8:26-27 (The Message)
 26-28Meanwhile, the moment we get tired in the waiting, God's Spirit is right alongside helping us along. If we don't know how or what to pray, it doesn't matter. He does our praying in and for us, making prayer out of our wordless sighs, our aching groans. He knows us far better than we know ourselves, knows our pregnant condition, and keeps us present before God. That's why we can be so sure that every detail in our lives of love for God is worked into something good.
Pray my friend, whether you understand your situation or not. Give it to God and let it go. Our Heavenly Father knows what you need. He will bring you peace, fill your heart with joy, and He will bring your soul rest.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment