Thursday, March 10, 2011

15 Minute Challenge, Day 1

Some of you reading this have already been told about my 15 minute challenge, so you can skip over this bit of the blog today. For those of you who do not know what it is, I’ll explain. I am challenging myself and anyone else out there who wants to participate to spend an extra 15 minutes with God for the next 40 days. This is 15 minutes in addition to, not as a substitute for your private time with God. That time is still vital to your growth and to mine, and I am not asking you to give that up. During this time, those of us participating will be working together on a common scripture, word, action, etc. Through this we will each explore what the Father has for us individually, as well as together. I pray this leads to a greater understanding of who each of us are called to be in Christ and will take us to new depths together as a group. You are welcome to use this blog as a forum for your thoughts and prayers, or you can contact me privately. I will be praying for each of you as we do this, and I will pray WITH you at anytime if you would like me to.
So, on to day 1:
One of my favorite Bible verses is “'because the splendor I have given you makes your beauty perfect' declares the Sovereign Lord" Ezekiel 16:14
Why is it that we, as women, look to validate ourselves in other people? When you do this, and you do just like I do, you strip yourself of the blessings God have put on your life! God has looked at each one of us and declared that we are precious to Him. We are made in His image and He has breathed life into each one of us! So where in that knowledge can we find room to feel we are not good enough for anyone or anything?!
For me personally, I get lost in my insecurities and my self doubt. There was a time when I was well aware of the calling God has placed upon this season of my life and I had the nerve to tell God “Lord, that’s a great idea, but I am NOT good enough!” How funny is that? God has blessed me with gifts and talents that are pleasing to Him. He created me, He gave me the ability to do things that would glorify His name and His kingdom, and in my insecurity and fear I told Him it wasn’t good enough. That is the same as telling God that He is not good enough, and that is a sin.
It is somewhat difficult for me to admit that to you, especially here, but without admitting the truth behind my fears, I would never be able to write this and to show you that when God says “go” you’d best believe He will make sure it is pleasing to Him. This blog is an example of finally being able to say yes to God and to stand up to my fears. As I am writing this post, I can hear all the negative comments about what is in here, and I stand against that in Jesus name! You all need to do the same thing! I the precious name of the savior of the universe, you need to stand against fears that may be keeping you from completing the tasks He has set aside for you.
God has a calling on your life, just like He has a calling on mine. He makes a promise to us in His precious word regarding this in Jeremiah 29:11 “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ says the LORD. ‘They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.’” Do you realize how much power we have in that statement? He has made us beautiful in Him, and we have the nerve to question our abilities and our worth. I am guiltier of this than anyone I know, but I can recognize the truth in the fact that He has chosen every single talent I possess. He handpicked the skills I have been blessed we. He mapped the course I would take in life, and I would be so foolish as to question my ability to live out His plan…
Please do not feel that I would write this to judge or to condemn, that is not my intention. I wish for nothing more than to share a piece of my heart with you here. There is so much freedom in claiming the power of Jesus’ name and in choosing to live in accordance with the plans He has made for your life. The simple truth is, God’s got your back, and if He is for you, NO ONE can stand against you!
So think about this verse today and think about what His promise is for you.
“'…because the splendor I have given you makes your beauty perfect' declares the Sovereign Lord" Ezekiel 16:14

No comments:

Post a Comment