Monday, March 21, 2011

15 Minute Challenge, Day 13

Day 13: Joy
Proverbs 17:22 A joyful heart is good medicine, but depression drains one's strength.
There are times in my life when I look around at my circumstances and the human side of me wants to scream. Things don’t seem to be falling into place, or I don’t seem to have enough of something. Sometimes I just feel like crawling back into bed and waiting for the rapture, and then something in my soul whispers to me and I am reminded of one very important fact; I am a child of the living God, and joy floods over my heart life a tsunami.
Have you ever been depressed? It’s pretty miserable, isn’t it? Life seems to have spiraled out of your control, you think you are alone, and if you’re not, you want to be. The color seems to have disappeared from the world leaving everything grey and covered in fog…. Yeah, I’ve been there a time or two, and once you let it take over, it’s pretty hard to get out of the little rut you’re stuck in. if you’re there now, take comfort in our heavenly Father. He has not come to let you be lost in misery, but to fill your heart with joy. He delights in you and when you learn to surrender all to Him, He fills you with such overwhelming joy; you can’t help but look at the grey world around you and see the color in it.
The joy of the Lord has the ability to catch hold of you and remind you of all the blessings in your life. The gifts He has bestowed upon you, by His divine providence surround you, and whatever the small matter is that left you feeling depressed no longer has hold over your heart. Whatever your circumstance, know that God is bigger! There is no circumstance, no problem, and no emotion that is greater than our God. With Him all things are possible, and with His Spirit breathing life into you, there is joy.
Happiness is fleeting, but with God there is an everlasting joy that can overcome any sickness in your heart. Claim it my friend! By the power and the authority of the blood of Jesus Christ, I pray God’s infinite and everlasting joy settles in your heart right now! I pray in the precious name of Jesus Christ that you feel the love of God sweep over you and cover you this hour. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment