Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hide Me

Has any one ever felt like they have successfully disappeared from the world? If you have, please let me know how you managed it. I do not have the ninja skills required to perform the perfect vanishing act. I have however, experienced and fine tuned my hiding skills. Recently, different hurts and personal feelings of loss and that overbearing feeling of defeat have interfered with my ministry focus. I ultimately fell into the age old trap of allowing personal hurt to defeat my spirit to serve. Ministry is a fragile thing, and there are times, when we are so misguided as to think it is better to pull away from respective areas of service, rather to work past personal issues and make room for healing. I also felt that the lack of communication from fellow leaders meant that they truly didn't care about me in any capacity other than what I contributed one night of the week. I have realized that just cause people don't say anything, this doesn't mean the absence of a leader isn't noticed. I made the mistake of withdrawing even further, rather than putting my pride away and telling someone I was hurting. This often has the same effect on you as bottling away your emotions until everything inside you explodes and all your hurt, anger, disappointment and pain have exploded all over the people that love you the most.

So, whats the lesson to be learned here?

Deal with the hurt. Do not let pain consume you and definitely DO NOT allow the enemy to control your success in ministry because you are too afraid to face your pain. Pain is part of ministry. People will hurt you, and you will hurt people, the most important thing to remember is you are not alone, and if you feel like you are, then you have already let your emotions take control. Take comfort in the Lord, and put your pride aside. Reach out to someone and be honest about your emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment