Monday, January 23, 2012

EVERYTHING IS URGENT!!!

There are moments when I feel so close to God I'm certain I can feel His breath on me, and there are other moments when I am so wrapped up in myself I feel like God is far away from me. There is an ongoing joke between one of my girlfriends and myself, "EVERYTHING IS URGENT!!!!!" That's it. That's the joke. You see, I spent years and still get caught up in panic mode, and suddenly everything is urgent. I am rushing from one thing to the next, making my self anxious over things I cannot control and things that realistically I have no business stressing myself out over. Can  you understand that? I'm sure some of you can. I have learned that 5 minutes with God can make the difference between a peaceful day and a day in which I feel so much anxiety I cannot complete the simplest tasks without having a nervous breakdown.

The one thing that makes a difference is remembering God doesn't move, we do.

GOD DOESN'T MOVE FROM US. WE MOVE FROM HIM.

GOD DOESN'T MOVE FROM US. WE MOVE FROM HIM.

GOD DOESN'T MOVE FROM US. WE MOVE FROM HIM.

Yes, the above was intentionally stated 3 times. When you feel like God is far away, just remember, He's there. He hasn't moved away from you. All you need to do is take a step back, BE STILL and know that He is God. He will meet you where you are and He will love you out of your panic, anxiety, whatever the emotion or state you are in, He will love you back into His peace.

But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
– Ephesians 2:13 (NIV)

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor, GraceNYC.org
According to the Bible, those who have faith in Jesus Christ are as close to God as they will ever get. Closeness to the Father is not based upon a feeling, but upon the finished work of the cross. Do you feel far away from God today? If you profess trust in the power of Jesus resurrection, God has given you everything you need. So receive God’s provision in Christ, move past your feelings, and walk near to God today.

1 comment:

  1. "He will love you back into His peace". Love!

    ReplyDelete