Friday, July 1, 2011

baggage

I have baggage... probably enough to travel around the world several times. Eventually there comes a point when you need to sit down with God and unpack your bags. I'm warning you though, as will all steps towards healing this isn't very easy. It is however a beautiful process. One of my favorite quotes is from Stephen King, he once described something as "poisonous inspiration" I loved that phrase immediately. Life is so full of wonder, that when something comes along and truly inspires me it feels poisonous. It engulfs my entire being and becomes a catalyst for change and moves me closer to God. I look for it, I seek it and as I move towards, I face God on new levels. Each day Jesus calls to each one of us, and some days it is easier than others to answer, I'll admit, there are times when I am terrified of picking up the phone! However, even though it feels easier to just ignore the call, it's always worth the risk of answering.

I was put to the test recently, and a part of me just wanted to give in. God found a way to break through even though I didn't want Him to, and the results of His divine intervention are more beautiful than if I had just allowed myself to turn away. God understands everything we go through. Jesus was fully human and fully God. Because the Son was human, He completely understands our hurt, our anger, our fear and our weakness. Through all this, He can bring us a better sense of hope, of love, He can completely restore our joy, and He can give us strength beyond our comprehension.

Hold tight my friend, and trust in God to carry you when He needs to, and to walk alongside you. I can't promise smooth sailing, but I can assure you that our Heavenly Father will be with you. If, after all I have been through in my life He is still with me, I know no matter where your journey is taking you, He will never leave you. He has promised this to us all, and He will NEVER break His promises to us!


Hebrews 13:5
...God has said,
   “Never will I leave you;
   never will I forsake you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment