Thursday, June 2, 2011

Reflection

This blog has been quiet for a while now, I apologize to the one of you I know looks at it regularly =) lol =) I have spent some time over the last month really just listening to God, and I felt that the Spirit was asking me for some time of just listening.

It's so rare that most of us (especially me!) can find the courage to stop talking at god and to just listen. I realized over the last few weeks that my God wants so badly for me to shut my mouth and listen to what He has for me; and I realized the more I press into Him, the more I thirst for His voice! It's really mind boggling how the "problems" of life don't seem so over whelming when you can rest in the certainty of a relationship with Christ.

I've hit a few stumbling blocks lately. You know those grey areas of life when you re basically walking on a tight rope and you run really fast across it... so you make it to the other side, but you miss all the beautiful scenery along the way?? .....maybe that's just me... but that's where I was. I was running through life so quickly that God called me to slow down- in some areas stop all together and to spend time with Him.

If you have never done that, or haven't done it in a while, I strongly encourage you to do it NOW!!! It's so refreshing! I was reminded of why I was called into His service, I spent time reflecting on who I was, who I am becoming, and who I pray I will be some day. I really spent time worshiping my Father, not just raising my hands to a song, but remembering the very breath of worship in me! Living worship, and resting in His presence! If this is making sense to you, then you've been there, and you know the sweet feeling of knowing you are wrapped in His love. If this doesn't make sense, then I pray you are able to take some time - even if it's just 15 minutes - and let Him hug you! I promise, it's worth it!

How precious is Your steadfast love, O God! The children of men take refuge and put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment