Sunday, May 22, 2011

Relay for Life

I'm spending my Saturday night walking in Relay for Life. Looking around me I see people who are fighting cancer, people in remission, people walking for loved ones, and candles burning in memory of lost loved ones. Only about 2 hours ago, the announcer called a moment of silence for a woman who lost the battle to cancer earlier today. Her team is still here. Still walking, still raising money, still supporting allthe other fighters in the world. What strikes me most is how much love and courage is represented here. It's tough to watch someone you love face cancer, I've seen it. I'ved loved others who've gone through it too, and I know this is a situation that can bring questions about Gods hand being in every situation. Make no mistakes, it's beyond our comprehensiion, but I can promise God's plans are better than ours. God moves through life's trials in ways we cannot understand, but it is well worth itto believe His promises are true. I know from my own experiences that He wants nothing for us that will harm us. Our God is a God of love, and thats what He does. He loves us. There is nothing we can do to earn His love, He simply loves us because He loves us! The point my friend is God is present in all circumstances- even the ones that hurt- and He is bigger than this life. Rest in His love, take comfort in Him, and believe He has strength we do not posess. HE LOVES BECAUSE HE IS LOVE. When you accept that you realize that although you may still have questions, the answers do not always matter. His love is all you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment