Wednesday, February 18, 2015

why are new years resolutions so difficult to keep?!?!






Most people seem to have a difficult time with New Year's resolutions. It seems every one starts off strong and motivated and about a month into the new year it's back to old habits. I shared two of my most difficult resolutions with you in my last post, and I must admit, I've really set the bar high for myself this year!
My "don't take is personally" resolution is especially troublesome for me, as the people I take things personally from are the ones I love the most. It seems like everything to do with certain people in my life is personal whether I like it or not.

 For me, I was doing alright, reminding myself that other peoples opinions are not necessarily directed at me, and those that are, are in fact only another persons opinion. My husband is wonderful at not caring what other people have to say and simply enjoying life on his terms. I greatly admire that, and I find myself inspired by his attitude. Only I can change the amount of strength I give another persons thoughts, and I guess I just have to keep on truckin' and with lots of prayer and patience, I may be able to keep my resolution alive through the end of the year!Image result for quotes on not taking things personally

In the meantime, I have found some icons online, I hope will provide just a tiny reminder when I feel myself taking things just a little to personally.





No comments:

Post a Comment