Friday, June 13, 2014

Get knotty

It's one of those Fridays. You know the day has started way too early and feels like it's going to last way too long.... well since I can't leave work for a quick therapy session - during which I would most likely be told to lay off the dramatics and stop thinking crazy (like that's possible)- I'm going to self mediate with good old fashioned fiber therapy.
Don't  worry, I'm not going to overdose on bran flakes, I'm going to make something beautiful out of yarn. For those of you who have not felt the complete joy of watching 100 yards of string turn into a scarf or a hat, I don't really know how to describe what you are missing.  Take the ball of yarn  as you knot and knit the string of yarn into a mitt or a sock you can feel pressure pockets in your brain release and tension in your neck and shoulders ease away....
Yes, during a busy work day I like to start a relaxing video on YouTube (Japanese gardens are some of my favorites) and for 5 minutes I can escape my reality and study into a land of soft yarn and no worries....
Have a great Friday everyone, and don't forget to take some time out and "get a little knotty today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment